BUY THE ALBUM SUPERMUSIC RIGHT NOW
Supermusic is a new funk and soul production by UMO and Swedish soloist Magnum Coltrane Price. One of the hottest events on the European funk and soul scene this spring, the concert will also feature top Swedish names Nils Landgren and Viktoria Tolstoy. The material performed on the tour is from the album Supermusic, to be released on the legendary Blue Note jazz label in March 2012.
Supermusic features the coolest classics of soul, funk and R&B, from Prince to The Meters and D’Angelo. Magnum Coltrane Price contributes some of his own material. The big band arrangements are by Magnus Lindgren, at the cutting edge of Swedish jazz, and Pessi Levanto, one of Finland’s best-known jazz and film composers and arrangers.
MAGNUM COLTRANE PRICE
• Swedish-American multi-instrumentalist and producer with a broad interest in funk, jazz and hip hop
• has worked as a musician or producer with Titiyo, Lisa Nilsson and the Esbjörn Svensson Trio in Sweden and internationally with Janet Jackson and Mary J Blige
• Swedish vocalist, trombone player and conductor mainly active in jazz, soul and funk
• has released several albums of his own and appeared as a guest on some 500 more (for e.g. with Abba, The Crusaders, Wyclef Jean and Herbie Hancock)
• leader of his own band, Funk Unit.
• internationally known and respected jazz singer with a dazzling natural talent
• released her début album Smile, Love and Spice (1994) before her 20th birthday and has attained great popularity in Sweden
• in the 2000s, she has recorded music by Elvis Costello, Chaka Khan, Prince, Paul Simon, Stevie Wonder and Peter Gabriel
• has collaborated with McCoy Tyner, Ray Brown and Toots Thielemans, and many Swedish jazz musicians
The Supermusic album will be released digitally worldwide on march 16 (except US & Canada on march 27)